Political Hack

A discussion of political issues from a somewhat conservative outlook

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Post office shooting: Will they bring back my favorite sign?

There used to be a sign at the local post office that informed people as soon as they entered that firearms were not allowed on Postal Property. What struck me as odd about this was anyone with a gun really going to go back and return it simply because someone place a sign at the door?

Now, I understand the incidents that led up to the existence of the sign in the first place, but such a measure strikes me as largely ineffective and done to make people rest a little more easily rather than actually to stop someone from going on a rampage in the post office.

I hope they do something other than bring that particular sign back to prevent future problems. Making the post office employees a little disgruntled might be a good start, but they are already fairly well paid for people who deal with the public on their level. Of course, I can't suggest lowering their salary so they can't afford guns, which is, of course, how retail outlets curb the very same desire in their employees. Okay, I could, but I'd probably get nasty responses. The woman obviously needs some counseling and perhaps a little more careful screening of postal service applicants is in order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home