Political Hack

A discussion of political issues from a somewhat conservative outlook

Monday, February 06, 2006

The Cartoon of the Prophet was Daring and Bold...

If the Islamic world continues to wonder why the West perceives it as backward, they only have to look at this extreme overreaction to the tasteless series of cartoons published in Denmark. While depictions of Christian icons can be just as tasteless, it doesn't result in rioting typically.

The fanatics in the Muslim world need to realize that nothing is free from ridicule and if they do not like the depiction of their prophet engaging in terrorist acts, they should try to distance themselves from the extremists of their religion, like many moderate Christians try to do.

I imagine I'll probably get angry comments to this post, and it is your right to express your opinion and I welcome it unless you're advertising your website. Your religion is as much a target for parody as anything else, and if nothing else, at least you were important enough to be satirized. I didn't go burning down Comedy Central's Headquarters when they aired Jesus and the Really Super Friends or "All About Mormons." The Muslim world needs to grow up and listen to their clerics who condemned the violence. It's just a cartoon done in poor taste, after all.

1 Comments:

Blogger MrAdVenture said...

Glad to support another Conservative,which made your crispads ad all the more appropriate"Date sweethearts,not bleeding hearts"love it!
As a Republican,I also think you would of course be interested in a little Capitalism and increase your ad revenues.Please keep the crispads,but a second line is called for ,and I call it A REAL ALTERNATIVE TO ADSENSE .Give them a try,I promise you will thank me if you do.Feel free to call on me,and to elte this,as I think you will want to promote them your self later.

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home