Political Hack

A discussion of political issues from a somewhat conservative outlook

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Ads by AdGenta.com

I must admit the current Bush administration has been worrying me for all that I voted for him in the past two elections. It became clear in the second administration that the current president has little regard for guaranteed rights with the Wiretapping scandal and now the bill which the Wager Witch brought to my attention.

It is too easy to do things in the name of serving a greater good, but it seems to me Bush has thought little of the long term repercussions of his acts and is using the war on terror as a broad excuse for exercising sweeping Presidential powers.

While this has been done in times past during time of war, no official war has been declared here and it's not clear exactly when or how victory will be achieved on Bush's War on Terror. Either Bush is an incompetent bungler, a theory favored by many or he knows exactly what he's doing and seems to me to be doing evil in the name of good, which is somewhat ironic for a President who has declared three powers to be the Axis of Evil. (Which of course, was a stupid move politically.)

I'm afraid I'll have to support the democratic candidates for the Senate and House this fall simply to limit the powers of the Bush administration. Then again, divided government is never a bad thing, for as Benjamin Franklin put it, the Government is best that governs least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home